1. Magician is designed specifically for Samsung branded memory products, including SSDs, memory cards, and USB flash drives. Features such as Firmware Update, Drive Health Status, Secure Erase, and Total Bytes Written are not supported for non-Samsung SSDs.
2. Magician does not work with SSDs connected via the SCSI controller interface.
3. Only MBR and GPT partition types are supported. Magician may not work with other partition types.
4. Magician will not work on SSDs that are locked with a user password.
5. The user may need to manually refresh the drive list in System Information for Magician to accurately reflect all connected/removed drives.
6. Newly connected drives require a manual refresh before the Magician software can identify the drive and perform functions.
7. The Performance Optimization feature relies on the operating system’s TRIM support. The file system and device driver that identifies the type of SSD connected will issue the appropriate ATA or NVMe command.
8. Over Provisioning may fail, even though enough free space is available, if your system suffers from cluster misalignment.
9. Benchmarking may not work with some removable storage devices.
10. If the User cannot span or shrink volume size through drive management of the OS administration tool, it is possible not to work Dynamic over-provisioning properly.
11. When the IRST driver is enabled / Installed in the system. Then enabling of Write cache buffer/flushing in SSD may fail (OS Optimization).
* Also, when a specific or latest IRST driver (IRST 18.104.22.1683, 22.214.171.1245) is installed, the authentication function may not work correctly. In this case, rollback to the older version.
12. Samsung Magician does not provide support for SSDs configured in RAID mode through the BIOS.
13. PC will be shut down automatically after the firmware update (Magician counts down 20 seconds before shutdown)
14. Firmware Update may fail on Samsung brand SSDs connected to AMD Controller. Please retry using the default data AHCI controller(Microsoft drivers)
15. Performance Benchmark may get timed-out on Asmedia controllers if the driver does not handle multi thread operations (IOs)
16. Always use the latest storage drivers. If a user is using any custom storage driver, then Magician may not function properly
For more details, please refer to the Magician installation guide.