Samsung global privacy
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
• Information you provide directly to us;
• Information we collect about your use of our services; and
• Information we obtain from third-party sources.
We use the information we collect to, among other things:
• Provide the services you request;
• Understand the way you use the services so that we can improve your experience;
• Provide customised content and advertising; and
• Otherwise with your consent.
We may share your information with:
• Affiliates – the companies related to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. by common ownership or control.
• Business partners – trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
• Service providers – companies that provide services for or on behalf of Samsung.
• Law enforcement – when we are required to do so or to protect Samsung and its users.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129 Samsung-Ro, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Email: Please contact customer service department at https://www.semiconductor.samsung.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information you provide directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
• Upon your request for customer support submitted through Contact Us in our website, we may ask for certain information about yourself including your name, e-mail, company and location, in order to process your request.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
• Device - such as your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system versions, and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
• Log - diagnostic, technical, error and usage information such as the time and duration of your use of the Service, search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device. Please visit the website(https://semiconductor.samsung.com/cookie-policy/) if you want to know cookie in detail.
• Other information about your use of the Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Other Information We Collect
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information (e.g., information we request during Samsung account registration), but doing so may affect your ability to use some Services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
• to provide a Service or feature you request;
• to provide customized content and provide personalized services based on your past activities on our Services;
• to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
• to conduct free prize draws, prize competitions, or promotions, as permitted by law; and otherwise with your separate consent.
Samsung processes personal data for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is: necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Samsung (for example, to provide you with the Services and to identify and authenticate you so you may use certain Services); necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement); necessary for Samsung’s legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the relevance of our communications, experiences and customer service) and based on consent by our customers (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with marketing information), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as specified in the Contact us section of this Privacy Notice without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may disclose your information internally within our business to the relevant teams, such as, without limitation the customer services team, the legal team, the finance team, the sales team and where you have chosen to receive marketing messages, to the marketing teams. We may also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to perform the Services:
• Business Partners. We also may share your information with trusted business partners, including wireless carriers and our distributors/agents. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
• Service Providers. We also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
• Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
• Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
WHAT DO WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Your use of our Services will involve the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence, to Korea consistent with this policy. In addition, your use of the Services may also involve the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information to other countries; such countries include, without limitation, countries in the European Economic Area, the United States of America, China, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Canada, the Philippines and Japan. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside the European Economic Area to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA. For more information, or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, please contact us at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details about the information we collect and to correct inaccuracies in that information by contacting us through Customer Service in our website or via email. Any further statutory user rights remain unaffected. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact our customer service department at https://www.semiconductor.samsung.com.
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request access to, the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact us at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we retain information about you based on the following logic:
1. at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
2. as required under law, a contract or with regard to our statutory obligations;
3. only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected,
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND PRODUCTS ON OUR SERVICES
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. Samsung is not responsible for these third-party products or services.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
• We enable you to watch video content provided by content providers;
• Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
• We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn.
If you connect with a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these services.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
COOKIES, BEACONS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
• Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
• Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
• Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
• Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here “http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html”.
Beacons and/or Pixels
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
When you access and use our Services except for the website provided by 3rd party service provider, you will be asked to provide your separate consent to the storage of cookies (which includes other local storage technologies, beacons, pixels and other information on your devices) by us. You will also be asked to provide your separate consent to the access of such cookies (which includes local storage technologies, beacons, pixels and information) by us and by the third parties mentioned above. Your experience of our website/Services may be affected if you do not accept cookies and further information will be provided to you at the time we ask you for this specific consent.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129 Samsung-Ro, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
You can also contact us at with customer service department at