Samsung semiconductor (“Samsung”) has continuously enhanced the quality management system to achieve the best quality in all products and services.
Samsung’s quality policy statement:
“We deliver, on the basis of an efficient quality system, the best products and services which conform to our customer requirements and expectations.”
The quality objectives of Samsung’s are measurable and consistent with quality policies. Quality objectives include key performance indicators by processes and joint quality improvement projects with customers and suppliers.
Continuous improvement program
Samsung makes every effort to achieve excellent and consistent product quality, and at the right time to ensure customer satisfaction. In order to achieve this goal, Samsung continuously improves productivity by controlling variations in various processes in a stable way. Continuous improvement is implemented by a closed loop methodology consisting of a selection of critical parameters, evaluation of the measurement system, monitoring of critical parameters, process capability improvement, and reaction plan. The main purpose of the CIP activities is minimizing the deviations from the target.
Supplier quality management
To be successful in satisfying business expectation, Samsung selects and develops reliable suppliers/subcontractors (hereinafter referred to as ”suppliers”). Each supplier’s performance is continuously assessed and periodically (typically once a year) conducted in-depth audit in terms of technology, quality, delivery, cost, and finance. Suppliers are notified of the evaluation results and their improvement activities are driven.
Samsung ensures materials with stable quality and supply capability by following the certification procedure. The procedure is designed to validate product conformity, supply risk assessment and production capability through supplier self-checklist and manufacturing site audit.
Quality standard certifications
Samsung has the world's best QMS based on international standards such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949, and is continuously evolving to meet our customer requirements. Samsung manufacturing domestic and overseas sites have acquired the ISO 9001 certification.
- ·1993 ISO 9001 for semiconductor plants in Korea
- ·1999 ISO 9002 for semiconductor plants in Austin, Texas and Suzhou, China
- ·1999 QS 9000 for System LSI plants in Korea
- ·2001 TL 9000 for semiconductor plants in Korea
- ·2002 QS 9000 for memory plants in Korea
- ·2004 ISO/TS 16949 for semiconductor plants in Korea
- ·2005 ISO/TS 16949 for semiconductor plants in Suzhou, China
- ·2008 ISO/TS 16949 for semiconductor plants in Austin, Texas
- ·2014 ISO 9001 for semicondector plants in Xian, China
- ·2018 IATF 16949 for semiconductor plants in Korea and in Austin, Texas
- ·2018 ISO9001 for design and development of S.LSI semiconductor products
- ·2019 IATF16949 for semiconductor plant in Xian, China
- ·2021 IATF16949 for semiconductor plant in Cheonan, Korea
- Quality Handbook:
- Please refer to the Quality Handbook below for more information about quality management system.
- Quality Handbook