Samsung global privacy
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
• Information you provide directly to us;
• Information we collect about your use of our services; and
• Information we obtain from third-party sources.
We use the information we collect to, among other things:
• Provide the services you request;
• Understand the way you use the services so that we can improve your experience;
• Provide customised content and advertising; and
• Otherwise with your consent.
We may share your information with:
• Affiliates – the companies related to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. by common ownership or control.
• Business partners – trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
• Service providers – companies that provide services for or on behalf of Samsung.
• Law enforcement – when we are required to do so or to protect Samsung and its users.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129 Samsung-Ro, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Email: Please contact customer service department at https://semiconductor.samsung.com .
Effective Date: February 24, 2021
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal data that Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. (“SSI”) collects, how we use it, and when we share it as we interact with you, deliver our services, and conduct our business operations.
This Statement applies regardless of whether you use a computer, mobile phone, or tablet to access our services. This Statement applies to all personal data collection by SSI.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use our services. By accessing our services, you agree to this Privacy Statement. It also is important that you check back often for updates to the Statement. The most current version of the Statement will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when the Statement was last updated. Your continued use of our services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Information We Collect:
• If you engage with SSI for business purposes, such as by utilizing SSI services or productions, we will collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, business address, business e-email address, business telephone number, [OTHER PI?], or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. We will also collect records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
• If you engage with SSI for marketing purposes, such as by expressing interest in SSI services or products by participating in a promotion, or attending a SSI or related marketing event, we will collect the information you submit to us (including name, email address, phone number, organization and job title) and the Samsung services or products that interest you. SSI may also collect your email if you subscribe to our blog for blog update notifications. You can unsubscribe from the blog at any time.
• We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
• Device information - When you access our website and blog, we may collect your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection. If you are using mobile devices, we may also collect information about the cellular network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s name and unique device ID, and information about the features of our Mobile App (i.e. blog) that you accessed.
• Log information - We may collect the time and duration of your use of the services, search query terms you enter through the services, any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device, and device event information such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload onto our blog site.
• Usage data - We may collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services, which may include the dates and times you access the services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the services you used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other communications you send through the services. If you are using our blog’s Mobile App, we may collect information about how often you use the Mobile App and other performance data. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the app service, and facilitate research and analysis of the app service.
We collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Automatically as you navigate our Site or services.
From third parties, for example we may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Information We Share:
We use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
• To present our Site and services to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• For assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
• To improve the operation of the Site and the quality of the services;
• To notify you about changes to the Site and the products or services available from SSI, its affiliates, and its partners; and/or
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and/or to which you consent.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may combine information from or about you, including across different services or devices, for purposes consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We may also share your information:
• With affiliates and subsidiaries (the companies related to SSI by common ownership or control);
• With service providers we use to support our business (contracted companies that provide services for or on behalf of SSI, such as our website hosting company, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them);
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or with law enforcement (when we are required to do so or to protect SSI and its customers);
• To enforce or apply our terms [LINK] and any other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• Third parties as part of a merger, transfer, or other corporate reorganization; and/or
• Other parties with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated, anonymous, or non-identifiable data without restriction.
• Authenticate access to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; and
• Improve the Site or services by using analytics to understand traffic patterns so we can find popular content and potential problems.
These cookies facilitate basic access and navigation of the Site. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes and do not remember where you have been on the internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Site. These cookies collect information in the aggregate to give us insight into how our website is being used. We anonymize IP addresses in Google Analytics, and the anonymized data is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To view an overview of the privacy of your Google Analytics cookies please go
You may install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by going
Performance cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
We use marketing cookies to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for purposes of third party advertising.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Such services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use or benefit from all of the features of our services.
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information about you is available only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
You may have the right under applicable laws in certain circumstances to:
• ask for access to details of the personal data held by us about you, free of charge;
• to request the rectification, restriction or erasure of your personal data held by us;
• to object to the processing of your data;
• to request that any personal data provided by you, be transferred to a third party.
SSI never sells data to third parties nor does it transfer your data to third parties for the third party’s marketing purposes. You can opt-out of receiving further marketing from SSI at any time without detriment.
To exercise your rights, or to write to us with any complaints, please contact us at any time and specify the nature of your request, at:
Data Protection and Compliance
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
3655 North 1st Street
San Jose, CA 95134
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Where noted, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication from some of its requirements. The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information, including:
• The right to request disclosure of (i) the categories of personal information collected and the categories of sources of such collected information; (ii) the specific pieces of personal information collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and (iv) the categories of personal information sold or disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom personal information is sold or disclosed to for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months.
• The right to request deletion of personal information subject to certain exceptions.
• The right to “opt-out” of the sale of personal information.
• The right not to be discriminated against in pricing and services based on exercising any rights under the CCPA.
SSI does not sell personal information.
California residents are also entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2022 will receive information about 2021 sharing activities). We comply with this law by giving users the ability to tell us not to share personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com. We may need additional information to process your request.
Third Party Links
Our Site may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain services offered by third parties. SSI is not responsible for these third-party products or services.
SSI also uses a third party recruiting firm to manage our career page on the website. All the data that you submit through the applicant web-form is directly collected by the third party recruiting firm on behalf of SSI.
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Please refer to the third party partners’ privacy notices and legal terms.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Compliance@ssi.samsung.com.
Do Not Track Signals and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. SSI currently does not take action in response to these signals, but, if and when a standard is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to these signals.
How To Contact Us
To ask us questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to: Compliance@ssi.samsung.com
Or writing to us at:
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
3655 North 1st Street
San Jose, CA 95134