What information do we collect about you? We may collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We will collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, your photo, company e-mail address, password, company name, company type, job function, job title, country, interested business field, language, and registration details, address, phone number and contact details (If you win a raffle event), and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use(log); information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
How do we use your information? We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information;
- subject to your separate consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities;
- otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected
- Event Participants, If you register for an event, we may ask for your consent to share your personal information with third party sponsors and other participants; for example, to facilitate your ability to easily sign up for or participate in activities, events and gifts offered by third parties participating in the event, or to give you the option to be listed on the attendee list that is available to other attendees, sponsors and participants. We will not share your event information with third parties without your consent.
To whom do we disclose your information? We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. But we may share your information with the following entities:
- Samsung affiliates;
- companies that provide services for or on behalf of us;
- other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
What do we do to keep your information secure? We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Cookies Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service. Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access the MSS Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Business Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Business Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Business Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
By accessing and using our Business Services, you consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us and by the third parties mentioned above.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you.
To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the Contact section below.
The Business Services may offer choices related to the collection, deletion and sharing of certain information and communications about products, services and promotions. You can access the settings to learn about choices that may be available to you when you use the Business Service. If you decline to allow the Business Services to collect, store or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through the Business Services.
Information about event photos and Videos Samsung maintains copyright and any other intellectual property in photographs and videos taken and/or in digitized recordings belong to Samsung. We will use some of these video clips for information and representation purposes in our official media channel without any classified information. Specifically, the video clips will be used in the following media:
- on our official website
- on social channel such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- for the design of electronic newsletters, print media, and others
Contact If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at: [firstname.lastname@example.org]