What information do we collect about you? We will collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We will collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, your photo, company e-mail address, password, company name, company type, job function, job title, country, interested business field, language, and registration details, address, phone number and contact details (If you win a raffle event), and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use (log data); information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, such as interested business field, your photo and optional data. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use the Business Services. We’ll do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision.
How do we use your information? We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- o offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information;
- subject to your separate consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities;
- otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected
- Event Participants, If you register for an event, we may ask for your consent to share your personal information with third party sponsors and other participants; for example, to facilitate your ability to easily sign up for or participate in activities, events and gifts offered by third parties participating in the event, or to give you the option to be listed on the attendee list that is available to other attendees, sponsors and participants. We will not share your event information with third parties without your consent.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our Business Services, devices, or other sources to provide you with a better experience. For example, you can use your Samsung Account details not only on the Business Service you registered with, but other services which use Samsung accounts. We also use the information you provide directly or through other sources as described above to provide content you may like or that you’ve personalized.
Samsung processes personal information for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal information includes processing:
- So that we can keep our promises to you, such as providing you with the Business Service (performance of a contract (GDPR Article 6(1)(b)));
- To promote our business interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and improve your customer service experience), including communication on our website, third party websites, and online platform;
(legitimate interest (GDPR Article 6(1)(f)));
- To comply with the law, regulatory obligations and legal processes (GDPR Article 6(1)(c)); and
Information about event photos and Videos Samsung maintains copyright and any other intellectual property in photographs and videos taken and/or in digitized recordings belong to Samsung. We will use some of these video clips for information and representation purposes in our official media channel without any classified information. Specifically, the video clips will be used in the following media:
- on our official website
- on social channel such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- for the design of electronic newsletters, print media, and others
To whom do we disclose your information? We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide Services or to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide the Business Services:
- Affiliates: Other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centers, customer care activities, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our business: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
How do we keep your information secure? We take data protection seriously. We’ve put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
What are your rights?
However, requesting the deletion of your personal information may also result in a loss of access to the Business Services.
How long do we keep your information? We won’t keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- As required under law, regulatory obligation, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations;
- Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
What third-party services do we use? Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Title||Purpose||More information|
|Strictly necessary cookies||Log in account, access my page, and edit personal information including password|
|Functionality cookies||Remember your choice or language|
We do not share the information collected by the cookies with any third parties.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after December 31 2021.
Your Choices We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you.
The Business Services may offer choices related to the collection, deletion and sharing of certain information related to the Business Services. If you decline to allow the Business Services to collect, store or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through the Business Services.
Contact You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
You can contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu,
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
Samsung Electronics has offices across Europe, so we can ensure that your request or query will be handled by the data protection team based in your region.
The easiest way to contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
You can also contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 2000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0RS, UK
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU supervisory authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.