Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced its new microSD card, the Samsung PRO Endurance. Uniquely designed to meet the rigorous demands of surveillance cameras, dashboard cameras, doorbell cameras, body cameras and more, the card offers improved endurance and outstanding performance for smooth and reliable continuous capture and playback.
“From CCTV to doorbell cameras, the need for long-lasting and high-performing video surveillance solutions is continuing to increase, and the PRO Endurance has been designed to support that demand,” said KyuYoung Lee, vice president of the Memory Brand Product Biz Team at Samsung Electronics. “Both consumers and enterprise users can rest assured that our new memory card will ensure continuous recording at high resolution even under extreme conditions.”
Built with Samsung’s highly reliable enterprise-grade NAND flash memory, the PRO Endurance card can deliver up to 16 years (140,160 hours)1
of continuous recording time to ensure every critical moment is captured. This means a single PRO Endurance card can last as long as up to 33 typical speed-focused cards2
, saving frequent replacement costs and providing greater reliability for always-on video monitoring.
Samsung’s new memory card also offers read and write speeds of up to 100 megabytes per second (MB/s) and 40 MB/s3
, respectively, and is rated Class 10 with video speed ratings of up to U3 (UHS Speed Class 3) and V30 (Video Speed Class 30)4
. This makes it ideal for handling large, high-resolution files while enabling seamless recording and playback in Full HD and 4K.
Since outdoor surveillance and body cameras can be subject to harsh environments, the PRO Endurance has been engineered to offer trusted performance in everyday use with Samsung’s reinforced six-proof durability. In addition to protection against water, magnets, X-rays and extreme temperatures, the card is now wearout proof and drop-proof5
Available in four different storage capacities of 32 gigabytes (GB), 64GB, 128GB and 256GB with the manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) ranging from $10.99 for the 32GB to $54.99 for the 256GB, the PRO Endurance is available worldwide starting May 3. For more information, please visit https://samsung.com/memory-card.
1) 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual usable storage capacity may vary. User capacity measured with SD Formatter 3.1 tool with FAT file system.
2) SDR104: 1.8V Signaling, Frequency up to 208 MHz, up to 104MB/sec, Max. Current Consumption 800mA (varies by test conditions)
3) V10, V30: Video Speed Class means sustained video capture rates of 10MB/s (V10) and 30MB/s (V30) which support real-time video recording to UHS Bus IF products. Transfer speeds may vary by host device.
4) Performance results are based on internal testing conditions. Transfer speeds may vary by host device.
5) Based on Full HD (1920x1080) video content recorded at 26 Mbps (3.25MB/s). Video support may vary based on host device, file attributes, usage conditions and other factors.
6) 1M depth, salt water, 72hrs. Operating temperatures of -25℃ to 85℃ (-13°F to 185°F), non-operating temperatures of -40℃ to 85℃ (-40°F to 185°F). Withstands standard airport x-ray machines (Up to 100mGy). Magnetic field equivalent of a high-field MRI scanner (Up to 15,000 gauss). Withstand drops up to 5 meters (16.4feet). Up to 10,000 swipes. *Samsung is not liable for any i) damages and/or loss of data or ii) expenses incurred from memory card data recovery.
7) For more detailed warranty information, please visit www.samsung.com/support
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
|Samsung microSD Card PRO Endurance
|Bus Speed Mode
||15 x 11 x 1 mm (L x W x H)
||Approx. 0.25g (Card only)
||Class 10, U1, V103)
||Class 10, U3, V303)
||Read : Up to 100MB/s
Write : Up to 30MB/s
|Read : Up to 100MB/s
Write : Up to 40MB/s
||Operating : -25°C to 85°C
|Non-Operating : -40°C to 85°C
||Waterproof, Temperature-proof, X-ray-proof,
Magnetic-proof, Drop-proof, Wearout-proof
||CE (UKCA), FCC, VCCI, RCM
||2 year Limited
||3 year Limited
||5 year Limited
||5 year Limited
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.
1 Varies by capacity; 256GB model up to 140,160 hours, 128GB model up to 70,080 hours, 64GB model up to 35,040 hours, 32GB model up to 17,520 hours. Based on Full HD (1920x1080) video content recorded at 26Mbps (3.25MB/s). Actual continuous recording time may vary depending on battery capacity of camera.
2 Based on comparison of internal tests with Samsung EVO Plus card of the same capacity.
3 Performance results are based on internal testing conditions. Transfer speeds may vary by host device.
4 Varies by capacity; U3, V30 for 128/256GB models, and U1, V10 for 32/64GB
5 Based on internal test. Test conditions are below
Water: 72 hours in one-meter depth of seawater
Wearout: a durability test of 10,000 swipes
Drop: up to 5 meters (16.4 feet)
Magnet: up to 15,000 Gauss (equivalent of a high-field MRI scanner)
X-ray: up to 100mgy(equivalent of airport X-ray machines),
Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C) operating, -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C) non-operating.